Skip to main content

After The Tide by Lindsay Harrel Review

Good Morning Everyone :)

I hope you're all having a great week so far, and I want to thank you all for joining me for another book review here on The Preppy Book Princess.

For today's post, I'm featuring a novella by one of my favorite authors, Lindsay Harrel. This particular novella was free for her newsletter subscribers, and I highly recommend checking it out if you get the chance.

After the Tide by Lindsay Harrel:


Source: Free with author's newsletter

Publication Date: 2019

Genre: Christian Fiction


Synopsis:

Project manager Elizabeth Wildman is all about careful planning and predictability. That's why she can't understand how she managed to get herself stuck on a tidal island in Scotland the night before her cousin's wedding. She'll have to rely on a handsome Scottish fisherman to help her get back—and maybe learn something about herself along the way.

(synopsis from goodreads)



My Review:

If I'm being completely honest, I'd probably read Lindsay Harrel's grocery list if she ever chose to publish it. Her books are always heart warming and heart wrenching, and I can never put them down once I start them. So when I heard that she had a new novella that was free for her newsletter subscribers, I literally squealed, and couldn't wait to start reading it.

After the Tide may be a short story, but it's classic Lindsay Harrel, and is full of feel good moments, heart wrenching moments, and a romance you can't help but root for. I gobbled this story up in one sitting, and loved every precious moment that's included in Elizabeth and Callum's story. It's primary focus is on a chance encounter between two strangers, and following your heart even when it may be scary to do so.

While I'm not usually ever a fan of insta-love, I really enjoyed the way that this one is written with a hint of something more to come between the two main characters, and I enjoyed where the author chose to take the story.

I honestly think this could have been a full length novel and it still would have had me wanting more!

I loved it to bits and pieces, and can't recommend it enough. And it's a bonus in that it'll tie us all over until Lindsay's next book release!

Final Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐


Thanks so much for reading guys! Have a great rest of your day :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: The Solid Grounds Coffee Company

Happy Friday Everyone :) Do you have any fun plans this weekend? I'm hoping to spend some more time working in my garden, and also hopefully be able to spend some time reading outside. The last few days we've been having some pretty crazy weather with insane amounts of rain and high winds, but it's supposed to be nice this weekend hopefully. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with Hoarding Books for another edition of First Line Friday. First Line Friday is a weekly blog meme that simply consists of sharing the first line from the book you're currently reading. The Solid Grounds Coffee Company by Carla Laureano: About the Book: Analyn Sanchez can handle the long hours and arrogant clients that come with her job as a crisis management associate at Denver's largest publicity firm. The high-powered job, expensive condo, and designer wardrobe are all part of her plan to prove to her family that her life choices haven't been in vain. Bu