Skip to main content

The Coffee Corner by Amy Clipston Review

 Happy First Day of Advent Everyone :)

I pray you're all doing well.

I'm unfortunately still not. I'm still fighting this horrible attack on my mind from the enemy, and it's depleting a lot of my energy. I'm thankful for prayer, scriptures and the fact that this battle has brought me closer to Christ, but I'm really praying there will be a light at the end of the tunnel soon.

If any of you guys are struggling with anything, be sure and let me know if I can pray for you.

Today is release day for one of my favorite authors new release, and I can't wait to share about it with you all.

The Coffee Corner by Amy Clipston:


Source: Publisher via NetGalley

Publisher: Zondervan

Publication Date: December 1st, 2020

Genre: Christian Fiction/Amish Fiction

Series: Amish Marketplace


Synopsis:

In this third installment of Amy Clipston’s Amish Marketplace series, an acquaintance grows into love over a few well-timed cups of coffee.

Alongside her cousins who have booths of their own, Bethany Gingerich runs a busy and successful coffee and donut stand at the Amish market. Since she has café-style tables and chairs, her regular customers enjoy purchasing a morning treat so they can sit and talk to their friends.

Micah Zook and his grandfather, Enos, visit Bethany every Saturday morning to purchase coffee and donuts before going to work at Enos’s custom outdoor furniture shop. Bethany enjoys talking to Micah and Enos, and she’s always thought Micah was handsome—but she doesn’t think her crush will ever result in anything more.

When Micah and his grandfather don’t come to see her one Saturday morning, Bethany begins to worry. And when she learns that tragedy has struck, she wonders how to help Micah in his time of need. Turns out he needs a friend now more than ever, and Bethany may be just the kind of friend that God has provided for him.

(synopsis from goodreads)



My Review:

I've loved each of the titles in Amy Clipston's Amish Marketplace series, and I honestly don't think I could pick a favorite. I love reading Amish fiction during the crazy times we're currently in, as it's nice to focus on stories of a community that focus on faith, family and friendships, and a simpler way of doing things.

Bethany was always one of my favorite characters in the earlier two titles, and I was so excited to finally get to read her story. She struggles with self confidence issues, and always feels that she doesn't measure up to her three favorite cousins. A gentlemen catches her eye from her church community that often frequents her coffee corner booth at the marketplace, but she struggles to believe that someone like him could actually be interested in someone like her. Micah has his own share of personal struggles; especially over the broken relationship he currently shares with most of his family except his grandfather and the death of someone close to him a couple of years prior. Bethany and Micah's journey to love isn't going to be easy, but with God's divine providence, they might just find what they've both been looking for.

I honestly don't think Amy Clipston could write a bad book if she tried, and The Coffee Corner is a definite new favorite for me. There's just something about the Amish marketplace setting that makes these books impossible to put down, and I truly adore them from start to finish. Bethany and Micah were a couple I really adored reading about; especially all of the struggles they have to learn to overcome. I loved the big hearts that both of them have, and how Bethany is so concerned with helping Micah pull through his crisis. I also loved getting to read about Bethany's three cousins; Leanna, Salina and Christiana, and the numerous way their lives have changed since the last book.

I've found myself disappointed with quite a few of the more recent Christian fiction releases, and I'm so happy to say that's never the case with Amy Clipston's beautiful novels. She truly writes her heart into her stories, and I love how strong the faith element is in each and every one of them. The only tiny complaint I had with this one was that I was expecting it to have more of a Christmas setting since it's released on December 1st, but that's a very small issue and didn't truly affect my enjoyment of the overall story.

Final Rating: 5/5.

I can't recommend this one enough!

Thanks so much to Zondervan for allowing me to read and review this.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advance reader copy of this novel from the publisher (Zondervan) via NetGalley. I was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 


Thanks so much for reading guys! Have a great rest of your day :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: Courting Mr. Emerson

Happy Friday Everyone :) Since it is Friday, I'll once again be participating in First Line Friday which is hosted by Hoarding Books .  For this week, I'm going to be sharing the first line from Melody Carlson's newest book, Courting Mr. Emerson. About The Book: When the fun-loving and spontaneous artist Willow West meets buttoned-up, retired English teacher George Emerson, it's not exactly love at first sight. Though she does find the obsessive-compulsive man intriguing. Making it her mission to get him to loosen up and embrace life, she embarks on what seems like a lost cause--and finds herself falling for him in the process. A confirmed bachelor, George vacillates between irritation and attraction whenever Willow is around--which to him seems like all too often. He's not interested in expanding his horizons or making new friends; it just hurts too much when you lose them. But as the summer progresses, George feels his defenses crumbling. The quest