Skip to main content

2015 Pop Sugar Reading Challenge Progress

Hello Everyone. Hope everyone is having a great week so far. I know here in Canada we're starting to prepare for Thanksgiving, which is always one of my favorite holidays as fall is my favorite season. This year my family has special plans for it, which I will be sharing here later on, but for today's post I'm going to talk about my progress so far with 2015 Pop Sugar Reading Challenge :)

To anyone who is unfamiliar with this particular challenge, here is the link to the original page http://www.popsugar.com/love/Reading-Challenge-2015-36071458

Basically, it's a reading challenge that includes fifty items on a list you need to complete by reading a book that fits with each item. I only discovered the challenge in May, and as such, am not sure if I will be finished by December 31st, but I'm really enjoying being a part of it, And I've loved how it's opened the door for me to books I may never have chosen to read without it, that I've ended up loving. I will continue to update my blog as i carry on with finishing this challenge, but here's what I've completed so far

A book with more than 500 pages: Once by Cameron Dokey

A book that became a movie: Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson

A book published this year: All Fall Down by Ally Carter

A book written by someone under 30: The Duff by Kody Keplinger

A book with nonhuman characters: Off the Page by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer

A funny book: A Catered Thanksgiving by Isis Crawford

A book by a female author: Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale

A mystery or thriller: Dead End by Mariah Stewart

A book with a one word title: Misbehaving by Abbi Glines

A book of short stories: My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins

A book set in a different country: Now and Zen by Linda Gerber

A popular author's first book: Heartsong by Debbie Macomber

A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet: Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen

A Pulitzer Prize winning novel: From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg

A book that scares you: Beautiful Creates by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

A book more than 100 years old: Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster

A book based entirely on its cover: Love and Other Unknown Variables by Shannon Alexander

A book you can finish in a day: The Fill in  Boyfriend by Kasie West

 A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit: Pardon my French by Kathy Hapka

A book that came out the you were born: Long Time Coming by Sandra Brown

A book with bad reviews: The Jewel by Amy Ewing

A trilogy: Last by Mariah Stewart

A book from your childhood: It's a Prom Thing by Diane Schwemm

A book with a love triangle: 99 Days by Katie Cotugno

A book set in the future: Loop by Karen Atkins

A book set in high school: The Secrets of Attraction by Robin Constantine

A book that made you cry: Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

A book with magic: A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas

A graphic novel: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and Young Kim

A book by an author you've never read before: The Merciful Scar by Rebecca St. James

A book you own but have never read: Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis

A book that was originally written in a different language: Dream a Little Dream by Kerstin Gier

A book set during Christmas: The Christmas Promise by Donna Vanliere 


I'm extremely happy with the progress I've made on this challenge so far, and plan to keep working away at it. If any of you guys are doing this challenge as well i'd love to hear about it, and to hear which books you've been reading for each category. Thanks for reading, and i'll see everyone in my next post :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: Courting Mr. Emerson

Happy Friday Everyone :) Since it is Friday, I'll once again be participating in First Line Friday which is hosted by Hoarding Books .  For this week, I'm going to be sharing the first line from Melody Carlson's newest book, Courting Mr. Emerson. About The Book: When the fun-loving and spontaneous artist Willow West meets buttoned-up, retired English teacher George Emerson, it's not exactly love at first sight. Though she does find the obsessive-compulsive man intriguing. Making it her mission to get him to loosen up and embrace life, she embarks on what seems like a lost cause--and finds herself falling for him in the process. A confirmed bachelor, George vacillates between irritation and attraction whenever Willow is around--which to him seems like all too often. He's not interested in expanding his horizons or making new friends; it just hurts too much when you lose them. But as the summer progresses, George feels his defenses crumbling. The quest