Skip to main content

Fruit of the Spirit Book Tag

Happy Wednesday Guys :)


I'm so excited about today's post, as I discovered another Christian themed book tag on Youtube last week, and I couldn't wait to take part in it.


This is a relatively new tag, and it was created by Jessi Dawn on Youtube. It's also a really recent tag,  created within the last two weeks or so, and I can't wait to go ahead and get started.


The tag consists of naming the fruit of the spirit, and matching the questions she's listed for each fruit.


Love: Name your top three favorite book couples:



This one was really hard to narrow down to three, as I have a ridiculous amount of favorite book couples, but these are the three I've decided to go with. Etienne and Anna from Anna and the French Kiss, Caymen and Xander from The Distance Between Us, and Meg and Bo from Undeniably Yours. 


Joy: Name a character who went through horrible trials. Were they joyful? Would you have been if you went through the same?



For this one I picked John and Nora from True To You by Becky Wade. I don't want to say what their struggles were, as I don't want to spoil this book for anyone, but I'm not sure I could have handled the situations as well as they did. 


Peace: Name a book where a river or body of water is important to the story

Submerged by Dani Pettrey



As this one deals with deep sea diving, I thought it was appropriate for this question. If you haven't read this series, I highly recommend doing so as it's one of my all time favorite suspense series. 



Patience: Name a book you anticipated/are anticipating reading:

Storm Front by Susan May Warren



I can't wait to see where Susan May Warren takes her characters next, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading more about Ty and Brette as I loved them in a previous book.


Kindness: Name a selfless character:

Lily from Coming Home by Kimberley Rae Jordan



Lily is dealing with some horrific news in this novel, that she knows will affect her friends and family just as much as her. I was really impressed with how selfless her character is with putting their needs above her own, even if it wasn't the best decision she makes throughout the course of the story. 


Goodness:  Name a book with a plot twist so shocking you were like "oh my goodness"

See How They Run by Ally Carter



I was completely blown away by the cliff hanger in this one, and left hanging until the third book was released. I always find that Ally Carter has a way of keeping you anxiously anticipating her next book release, and this one was definitely one of the best examples. 


Faithfulness:  Name an author whose books you will always buy without question:

I could probably go with several for this question, but I definitely have to pick Kasie West. I love how she's able to write amazing contemporary young adult romances while still having her books be clean reads, and how swoon worthy she always makes her romances. Plus, I've yet to dislike any of her main character's, and that's a pretty amazing feat considering how many books she's written so far. 


Gentleness: Show your most damaged book

Most of my book's aren't really what I'd call damaged, although I definitely have some that are very well loved. However, a few years ago my aunt was going through boxes of stuff that had been my grandparent's, and she found a children's book that had been gifted to my dad on Christmas in 1953. (As the inscription found on the first page states.) It was apparently brought back from Scotland by some friend's of the family. My dad ended up passing it along to me, since he knows how much I love books, and I treasure this beloved book so much, despite the fact that there's not much left of it.



It's so neat to have a piece of my dad's childhood, and I can't wait to read this to my own kids someday. 

Self Control:  Name the strangest place you've ever read because you couldn't wait any longer to continue the story:

The hallway of my final undergraduate university exam. I was always the type of student who refused to study the morning of an exam, unless it was just a quick review of a terminology or two. I'd had one of my earliest prof's instill in me that you should know it way before the day of the exam, otherwise you're just cramming and losing all the actual information you've put into your mind. So the morning I wrote my last ever uni final, while all the other student's were cramming last minute spread out with tons of papers in front of the exam room, I was reading The Hunger Games for the first time. It was a smallish class so our prof knew us all by name, and he walked past me and said "Kirby, are you all ready to write this one?" Haha it still makes me laugh to this day, and I definitely had to include it here for this answer. 


And that's the end of the tag guys! I highly recommend checking out Jessi Dawn's original video here, as I'm always excited to discover more Christian bloggers and booktubers. 

As well, I tag any of you guys that are interested in doing this tag! Thanks so much for reading guys, and I'll see you all again on Friday where I'll be sharing my February reading wrap up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: Courting Mr. Emerson

Happy Friday Everyone :) Since it is Friday, I'll once again be participating in First Line Friday which is hosted by Hoarding Books .  For this week, I'm going to be sharing the first line from Melody Carlson's newest book, Courting Mr. Emerson. About The Book: When the fun-loving and spontaneous artist Willow West meets buttoned-up, retired English teacher George Emerson, it's not exactly love at first sight. Though she does find the obsessive-compulsive man intriguing. Making it her mission to get him to loosen up and embrace life, she embarks on what seems like a lost cause--and finds herself falling for him in the process. A confirmed bachelor, George vacillates between irritation and attraction whenever Willow is around--which to him seems like all too often. He's not interested in expanding his horizons or making new friends; it just hurts too much when you lose them. But as the summer progresses, George feels his defenses crumbling. The quest