Skip to main content

Blogmas Day Nine: November Wrap Up

Hey Guys!


Happy Saturday, and Welcome To Blogmas Day Nine :)



Today I'm here to share with all of you my slightly late November Wrap Up! I had planned to do this closer to the start of Blogmas, but alas it didn't quite work out that way. Instead, here we are on the ninth day of Blogmas, and I'm finally ready to tell you about the good and not so good books I read during the month of November 2017.


After The Game by Abbi Glines: I have to say this one was a little bit of a letdown for me, since this was the story that had been talked about right from the first book in The Field Party series. I still did enjoy it, there was just less to it than I was expecting, and I rated it three out of five stars.


Serafina and the Splintered Heart by Robert Beatty: The Serafina series has kind of been an up and down experience for me. I really liked the idea behind it, and the world building, but some of the actual story has been too weird for me to follow, and I'm not a huge fan of just how dark some of the content is. This one was definitely my least favorite of all three, and I only rated it two out of five stars.


Merry and Bright by Debbie Macomber: I always look forward to Debbie's holiday releases, and this one was definitely no exception. I rated it four out of five stars, and you can read my full review here. 


Sushi for One by Cami Tang: This was another book I really found myself enjoying, and it was quite different from anything I'd read before. I rated it four out of five stars, and you can find my review here.


From a Distance by Tamera Alexander: I always find Tamera's historical fiction novels enjoyable, especially how she always takes such great strides to include real historical figurines in her novels. This one was definitely the type of read that had me pulled right into the story, and the cliffhanger left me anxious to get on with reading the second book. I gave this one four out of five stars. 


Murder in an Irish Village by Carlene O 'Connor: Cozy mysteries are often one of my favorite genres, but this one didn't quite do it for me. I found the main character not that likeable, and her wishi washiness over the two guys featured in the story kind of grated on my nerves. I gave it three out of five stars, because overall the mystery was still pretty good.


Blind Spot by Dani Pettrey: I really loved this one, and it was a great addition to the series. However, it got me even more anxious to read the last book, and I'm having a hard time waiting for its release. I gave it four out of five stars.


The Christmas Candle by Max Lucado: I enjoyed this sweet holiday tale, but I was left wanting more, and it's not my favorite Max Lucado novel. I gave it three out of five stars, and you can find my review here.


Christmas In Icicle Falls by Sheila Roberts: As much as I loved this one, it was definitely bittersweet to know there will be no more visits to one of my all time favorite fictional towns. I gave this one four out of five stars, and you can read my full review here.


A Mom For Christmas by Lorraine Beatty: This one was not my favorite Love Inspired novel I've ever read, mainly because I had issues with the way the main male character treated the female main character. I rated it three out of five stars, and you can read my full review here


A Holiday to Remember by Jillian Hart: I really loved this sweet holiday tale about second chances, redemption, and learning the true meaning of God's unfailing love. I gave it four out of five stars, and I'd definitely recommend it.


Mistletoe Prayers by Marta Perry and Betsey St. Amant: I adored both novellas included in this collection, and the way they emphasized the true reason for the season. I gave this lovely collection four out of five stars, and I'm sure it'll be a reread for me in the future.


His Holiday Matchmaker by Kat Brookes: Overall, this was definitely one of my favorite books I read this month. I loved Alyssa's character, and the way she has to come to realize that God has amazing plans for her despite her disability. As well, I adored six year old Katie, and the way she pulls at the heartstrings of everyone around her. I gave this beautiful story four out of five stars, and I'd highly recommend this one to anyone looking for a heartwarming holiday tale.


The Christmas Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman: This was definitely my least favorite novel I read in November 2017, and it was not what I was expecting in the slightest. I only gave it two out of five stars, and you can find my full review here. 


A Home for Christmas by Kimberley Rae Jordan: All in all I thought this was a great finale to the Home to Collingsworth series. My only complaint was that it was way too short, and I definitely wanted more of Rose and Declan's story. That's the sole reason it was a four star read, and not a five star read for me.


What Light by Jay Asher: I enjoyed this one, but it wasn't quite as great as I was expecting it to be, and I ended up rating it three stars. You can read my full review here.


Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer: My last read for November 2017 was a reread of the third Twilight novel. I have reread these books so many times, and they will always remain five star reads for me. I'm definitely one who doesn't understand all the criticisms about this series, and rereading it is always like reuniting with an old friend.


And that's all the books I read in November 2017 guys! I hope you're all having a great day, and I look forward to seeing you all again tomorrow for Blogmas day Ten!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: Courting Mr. Emerson

Happy Friday Everyone :) Since it is Friday, I'll once again be participating in First Line Friday which is hosted by Hoarding Books .  For this week, I'm going to be sharing the first line from Melody Carlson's newest book, Courting Mr. Emerson. About The Book: When the fun-loving and spontaneous artist Willow West meets buttoned-up, retired English teacher George Emerson, it's not exactly love at first sight. Though she does find the obsessive-compulsive man intriguing. Making it her mission to get him to loosen up and embrace life, she embarks on what seems like a lost cause--and finds herself falling for him in the process. A confirmed bachelor, George vacillates between irritation and attraction whenever Willow is around--which to him seems like all too often. He's not interested in expanding his horizons or making new friends; it just hurts too much when you lose them. But as the summer progresses, George feels his defenses crumbling. The quest