Skip to main content

Books I Loved With Fewer Than 2,000 Ratings on Goodreads.

Happy Tuesday Bookish Friends :)

I'm very much looking forward to sharing my picks for this week's Top Ten Tuesday Topic: Books I loved with fewer than 2,000 ratings on Goodreads.

I was actually surprised by just how many of my favorite books didn't have anywhere close to that many ratings, and I'm excited to get to spread some love for them today.

However, first things first, if you are unfamiliar with Top Ten Tuesday, it's a weekly blog meme that originated on The Broke and The Bookish, and you can now find it on That Artsy Reader Girl. 


Here's my list:


The Lady and the Lionheart by Joanne Bischof:

933 Ratings



Without a doubt, this is my favorite historical romance novel of all time. The circus setting was unlike anything I'd ever read before, and the romance that develops between Charlie and Ella was beautiful. And as always, I love getting to support a self published book.

The Lodge on Holly Road by Sheila Roberts:

885 Ratings



Debbie Macomber is one of my all time favorite authors, and I love how much Sheila Roberts' books remind me of hers. While I loved every title in the Icicle Falls series, I particularly enjoyed the Christmas installments, with The Lodge on Holly Road being my favorite. 


Life After by Katie Ganshert:

1,158 Ratings



Life After is probably one of the most realistic portrayals of grief that I've ever personally read before, and it's another of my all time favorite books. Katie Ganshert chose to approach the idea of grief and tragedy from such a different direction than I'm used to, and this book continues to be on my mind despite it having been a long time since I last read it.


Summer of Yesterday by Gaby Triana:

545 Ratings



As soon as I saw this topic, this is the first book that came to mind. Summer of Yesterday is such a hidden gem in the young adult world, and I adore it. It combines a super cute romance with time travel and a Disney World setting, three of my all time favorite things. And a bonus, it's set in the Disney World of yesterday so places like River Country and Discovery Island that have long since closed play a huge part in the story. 


The Heart Between Us by Lindsay Harrel:

646 Ratings



Lindsay Harrel has such a beautiful way with words, and The Heart Between Us was my first experience with her lovely novels. I enjoyed the way with this one that while romance does play a part, the primary focus is on two twin sisters trying to complete a bucket list, and in the process trying the repair the damage that's been done to their relationship over the years. Even better? The bucket list wasn't theirs to begin with, and instead first emerged from the teenage daughter who was the heart donor for one of the twin sisters. 
Snapshot by Lis Wiehl:

1,058 Ratings



This book and I got off to a tad of an odd start. I'd asked for Angie Stanton's Snapshot novel for Christmas, and my hubby mistakenly bought this one instead. However, I ended up completely falling head over heels for this story. It's kind of a conspiracy type mystery that focuses on racial segregation and racism and discrimination, and ties into the Civil Rights Movement, and conspiracies involving the likes of Bobby Kennedy and J. Edgar Hoover. 


Life in the no Dating Zone by Patricia B Tighe:

261 Ratings



I always enjoy getting to support self published authors, and this sweet young adult story is one of my favorite contemporaries. It's cute and sweet, and showcases a high school girl who's determined to not date until she's graduated after watching the way that her older sister chose to sacrifice her future for a guy.

The Curse of Misty Wayfair by Jaime Jo Wright:

155 Ratings




I'm a big fan of all of Jaime Jo Wright's books, but her newest release is definitely my favorite. On top of it being deliciously scary, and another successful time slip novel, it also focuses heavily on mental health, and the stigmas and stereotypes that continue to be associated with anyone being diagnosed with such, despite all the advances we claim to have made in this area.



The Summer of Cotton Candy by Debbie Viguie:

1,120 Ratings



I adored the entire Sweet Seasons series, and thought on top of the characters being really quirky and adorable, the setting was pretty amazing, and I wish the Zone theme park actually existed. I also love how Debbie Viguie based her series around each major season in said theme park, and the numerous challenges the staff faced around each season's change.


Falling for You by Becky Wade:

1,049 Ratings




Becky Wade is another one of my all time favorite authors, and Falling For You is my favorite book by her. I love Willow and Corbin so much, and their backstory was so heart wrenching and really made you feel for all the challenges they were forced to overcome. 

These are some of my favorite books of all time, and I would recommend giving them a try if you haven't already

Thanks so much for reading guys. I look forward to reading everyone else's posts this week to discover more lesser known books to add to my tbr list!




Comments

  1. Ooh, I think I've read a book by Lis Wiehl before. I'm glad you enjoyed it nonetheless. Thanks for stopping by my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snapshot is actually the only Lis Wiehl book I've ever read but I may have to change that in the future! I've especially enjoyed stopping by so many TTT posts this week as it's added some really great books to my TBR List. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Life After sounds like an excellent read.

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life After is one of my favorites, and in fact, was the book I named as the best book I read during the entire year of 2017. Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to read your post right now :)

      Delete
  3. All new to me books in your TTT post this week!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post: https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2019/02/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-loved-with.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was honestly my favorite part of this week's topic-everyone discovering books they'd never heard of before from reading others lists. I've literally added so many books to my TBR list today after reading about so many amazing, hidden gems in the literary world :) Thanks so much for stopping by, and taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, a lot of these reads sound like fun! A Heart Between Us sounds particularly interesting.
    Seeing all these TTT lists makes me realize I need to read & support more indie books and books that are less popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by :) The Heart Between Us was one of my favorite books I read in 2018. It was such a lovely story. I love how the topic for this week is bringing lots of attention to indie books and indie authors, and that's its introduced so many amazing sounding books to me that I'd never heard of before!

      Delete
  5. Mostly all of these titles are new to me and it makes me so sad that they didn't receive a lot more hype!!! The premise of The Lady and the Lionheart sounds great and that cover is really pretty? Or at least, the photo and colouring they used is. I'm a little bit heart-eyes over it. Also, The Heart Between Us sounds wonderful. And, again, SWOON WORTHY COVER. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! I love that this week's topic introduced me to so many books I'd never heard of that were featured on other's posts, so I'm happy I was able to do the same for anyone who visited mine. The Heart Between Us and The Lady and The Lionheart are two of my all time favorites, and I agree the covers are amazing! I'm especially impressed with the cover of The Lady and The Lionheart because it was a self published book, and its cover can rival some of the best romance books out there :)

      Delete
  6. LOVE anything and everything by Becky Wade (she's my go-to contemporary author), and Katie always writes a compelling story. Also, three cheers for Joanne's! Her books, especially this one, are magic. :)

    Thanks so much for the Finding Wonderland visit, Kirby! Appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky Wade is one of my absolute favorites too! I've loved every book she's written so far. The Lady and the Lionheart is the only book I've read by Joanne so far, but I loved it and definitely need to get to reading more of her books soon.

      Your blog is always one of my favorites! You have such a gift with words that always make your posts so interesting and mesmerizing :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Courting Mr. Emerson

Happy Friday Everyone :) Since it is Friday, I'll once again be participating in First Line Friday which is hosted by Hoarding Books .  For this week, I'm going to be sharing the first line from Melody Carlson's newest book, Courting Mr. Emerson. About The Book: When the fun-loving and spontaneous artist Willow West meets buttoned-up, retired English teacher George Emerson, it's not exactly love at first sight. Though she does find the obsessive-compulsive man intriguing. Making it her mission to get him to loosen up and embrace life, she embarks on what seems like a lost cause--and finds herself falling for him in the process. A confirmed bachelor, George vacillates between irritation and attraction whenever Willow is around--which to him seems like all too often. He's not interested in expanding his horizons or making new friends; it just hurts too much when you lose them. But as the summer progresses, George feels his defenses crumbling. The quest

First Line Friday: The Land Beneath Us

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all had a great week, and that you're all looking forward to the weekend. I'm excited to be taking part in another First Line Friday post today, which is hosted by Hoarding Books . I'm especially excited to showcase the title I picked for this week, as I'm definitely loving this particular title that I'm reading right now. The Land Beneath Us by Sarah Sundin: Publisher: Revell Publication Date: February 4th, 2020 About The Book: In 1943, Private Clay Paxton trains hard with the U.S. Army Rangers at Camp Forrest, Tennessee, determined to do his best in the upcoming Allied invasion of France. With his future stolen by his brothers' betrayal, Clay has only one thing to live for—fulfilling the recurring dream of his death. Leah Jones works as a librarian at Camp Forrest, longing to rise above her orphanage upbringing and belong to the community, even as she uses her spare time to search for her real f