Skip to main content

First Line Friday: The Number of Love

Happy Friday Friends :)

I hope you're doing well wherever you're reading from today, and I hope that you're all staying safe and healthy.

Have you been experiencing any spring temperatures in your area yet? We finally had some nicer weather this week, which was a definite lovely change from the snow we'd been constantly experiencing for the weeks prior. However, it's supposed to be cold and rainy here through the next few days, so we might end up with more snow yet.

For today's First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books, I'm going to share the first line from a book I'm hoping to have time to read while I'm still off work and social distancing at home.


The Number of Love by Roseanna M. White:




About the Book:


Three years into the Great War, England’s greatest asset is their intelligence network—field agents risking their lives to gather information, and codebreakers able to crack every German telegram. Margot De Wilde thrives in the environment of the secretive Room 40, where she spends her days deciphering intercepted messages. But when her world is turned upside down by an unexpected loss, for the first time in her life numbers aren’t enough.

Drake Elton returns wounded from the field, followed by an enemy that just won’t give up. He’s smitten quickly by the too-intelligent Margot, but how to convince a girl who lives entirely in her mind that sometimes life’s answers lie in the heart?

Amidst biological warfare, encrypted letters, and a German spy who wants to destroy not just them, but others they love, Margot and Drake will have to work together to save them all from the very secrets that brought them together.






My Thoughts:

I haven't actually started this one yet, but I'm really looking forward to doing so. I've heard nothing but great things about it, and I'm hoping to find the time to get to it sooner rather than later. Roseanna M. White has been on my list of authors to try for quite some time, and I have a feeling this one is going to end up living up to all the hype I've heard about it.






First Line:

"The numbers marched across the page in a glory all their own."


I seriously love this line, and I honestly can't wait to read this one.


What book are you currently reading? Share the first line in the comments and then hop on over to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating this week.


Have a great rest of your weekend guys, and happy reading!

Comments

  1. In my blog I shared a line from The Captured Bride by Michelle Griep
    "It ain't right, You ain't right"

    Have an awesome weekend!
    https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/2020/04/first-line-fridays-captured-bride.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday!

      The Captured Bride sounds like a really good read, and I love this opening line!

      Have a great rest of your weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday!
    On my blog I'm sharing from Being Known by Robin Jones Gunn. It's such an EXCELLENT story. Currently, I'm reading Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner. I'm just getting into chapter 2 so I'll share a line from there.
    "Meemaw? Are you home?"
    Hope you have a great weekend. Happy reading! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday!

      I'm looking forward to reading Being Known and Hadley Beckett's Next Dish, so I'm glad to hear your enjoying them both.

      Have a great rest of your weekend :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Saturday!

    This is an awesome first line, and definitely has me intrigued to read this book.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a