Skip to main content

Scripture of the Week: October 15th, 2020

 Blessings Friends :)

I haven't been around on here as much lately, and that's because the last few weeks have been really rough. I've been fighting a mental spiritual warfare battle that a lot of days has left me drained, and then in the midst of it I ended up being hospitalized, eventually needing an appendectomy. After the surgery, my body wasn't able to digest food or drink properly, and I ended up back in the emergency room twice in order to get nutrients through an IV.

It's probably not surprising that I've been feeling pretty down and depressed through everything lately, and sometimes the spiritual battle seemed like too much for me to possibly press through.

However, I've firmly been told in my prayers that there will be an end to this battle in sight, and if I'm being completely honest, this battle has made me take the necessary steps to reevaluating how I've been living my life.

When you're dealing with such scary circumstances, it really puts into perspective how little anything else matters but following Jesus. I know He's with me every step of this battle, and He will fight for me and give me all the strength and endurance I need to emerge victorious on the other side.

However, I began to realize in the last week or so that for the first few weeks of fighting this battle, I wasn't praying the right prayers. I was praying for the Lord to take these thoughts from me, and to take it away so I could get back to my life. I should have been praying for a strengthening of my faith, and also, forgiveness for the many ways my life had fallen from the path Christ intended for me. 

Realizing this has caused me to meditate on scripture a lot more, and to come before our Heavenly Father with prayers for the right reasons this time. I'm not enjoying this battle, but I am grateful that God brought to light the changes I needed to make.

I want to live for Christ, and not for my own selfish desires anymore.

I have to be honest that I'm still struggling with wanting to post Scriptures of the Week as I feel like if I'm going through this, perhaps I shouldn't be trying to encourage anyone else in their walk of faith. But I know those are the lies the enemy wants us believing in order to keep us dragged down, so I'm going to go ahead and share a verse today that truly highlights the importance of prayer no matter what you're going through.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

Matthew 21:22

God always listens to us when we come before Him in prayer, but if we ourselves don't believe in what we're asking for, chances are He won't be able to change our situation. So today my friends believe in the truth that the same God who rescued His people from the Egyptians, kept the mouths of lions closed, used a small boy to kill a fierce soldier, and sent His son to die for our sins can work amazing things in your life as well. I've struggled with getting to this point, but I choose to believe that God will help me through this battle. He will equip me with what I need to fight through it. He may not snap His fingers and take it away immediately, but on His timeline this battle will be over and I will be victorious. I belong to Jesus Christ and He will never let me be defeated by the enemy as long as I keep choosing to believe and put my trust in Him.

Happy Thursday Everyone and God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: Courting Mr. Emerson

Happy Friday Everyone :) Since it is Friday, I'll once again be participating in First Line Friday which is hosted by Hoarding Books .  For this week, I'm going to be sharing the first line from Melody Carlson's newest book, Courting Mr. Emerson. About The Book: When the fun-loving and spontaneous artist Willow West meets buttoned-up, retired English teacher George Emerson, it's not exactly love at first sight. Though she does find the obsessive-compulsive man intriguing. Making it her mission to get him to loosen up and embrace life, she embarks on what seems like a lost cause--and finds herself falling for him in the process. A confirmed bachelor, George vacillates between irritation and attraction whenever Willow is around--which to him seems like all too often. He's not interested in expanding his horizons or making new friends; it just hurts too much when you lose them. But as the summer progresses, George feels his defenses crumbling. The quest