Skip to main content

First Line Friday: The Traitor's Pawn

Happy Friday Everyone :)

I hope you're all staying safe and healthy wherever you're reading from today.

Our province has begun lifting some of the restrictions this week, and it's making me very nervous. We've already had quite a few issues with people not following the proper social distancing guidelines, and it's a tad on the scary side in my opinion. I'm still choosing to mainly stay at home unless I need to pick up necessities, and will probably keep doing so for at least the next little while.

Today I'm once again excited to be linking up with Hoarding Books for First Line Friday.

First Line Friday basically just consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading, and it's a great way to find more amazing books to add to your probably already never ending tbr pile.

For today's edition, I'm going to be sharing the first line from the very first novel I've ever personally read by Lisa Harris.

The Traitor's Pawn by Lisa Harris:




About The Book:

When FBI agent Jack Shannon arrives in Corpus Christi, Texas, he is focused on one thing: find the man who has been selling encrypted government secrets to the Chinese through online birding chat rooms. But when a senator is shot during a hunting trip and the woman he was with is abducted, Jack agrees to join the search--especially when he discovers that the kidnapping victim is Aubrey Grayson, a woman he was once in love with.

As the search continues, it becomes clear the senator may not have been the intended victim--and Aubrey may be connected to the other case Jack is supposed to be working on. Can Jack untangle the knots before it's too late? And when he learns the truth, will it be too painful to get past?

Join the hunt for the truth--and a traitor--in this tension-laden story of secrets, betrayal, and second chances.







My Thoughts:

I was really excited to read this one as it was my first time ever reading a book by this author. I received a copy of it as part of the Revell Reads Blogger Program, and I'm only sorry it has taken me this long to finally pick up one of Lisa's books. I loved the emphasis on the investigative side of the mystery, and I actually really enjoyed the fact that the romance plays such a small part of the overall story. I also loved the fact that the two main characters were friends in their teens and early twenties that lost touch, rather than it being about two complete strangers who are thrown together. I fully reviewed this one on my blog on Wednesday, which you can check out here, but suffice to say that I really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it. 





First Line:

"Watch Your Back.....this isn't over."


Isn't that an amazing line to start off with? It really pulled me into the story right from the start.


What book are you currently reading? Be sure and leave the first line in the comments below, and then hop on over to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating this week. 

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today, and I hope you all have a great weekend!


Happy Reading :)







Comments

  1. Happy Friday! 🙂
    Today on my blog I'm sharing from Masquerade at Middlecrest Abbey by Abigail Wilson. It's an excellent novel! Currently I'm reading Unveiling the Past by Kim Vogel Sawyer. I'm on chapter 19, so I'll post a line from there.
    "It shouldn't surprise us that someone else lives at the address from 1998."
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday!

      I absolutely loved Masquerade at Middlecrest Abbey. Abigail Wilson is such a talented storyteller. I'll have to check out Unveiling the Past as I really love that line.

      Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday! My first line is from “Stay With Me” by Becky Wade:

    “The hallway floor jolts downward beneath my feet, throwing me off balance.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday!

      Becky Wade is one of my all time favorite authors, and Stay With Me is now my new favorite novel by her!

      I hope you're really enjoying it as well.

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday!
    This week on my blog I shared the first line from This Wandering Heart by Janine Rosche but I'm currently reading Of Literature and Lattes by Katherine Reay so I'll share the first line from my current chapter (17) here: "Alyssa was sitting at her dad's old desk sorting through her notes on Jeremy's data when her mom walked through the back door and into the kitchen." Hope you have a great reading weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday!

      I've heard so many great things about This Wandering Heart, and I'm definitely going to have to read that one.

      I really enjoyed Of Literature and Lattes, and hopefully you will too!

      Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  4. Lisa’s book was great!
    My first line is from Storing Up Trouble by Jen Turano:
    September 1886
    The truth of the matter was this—she, Miss Beatrix Waterbury, had been banished from New York, and all because she’d had the great misfortune of landing herself in jail…twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday!

      I've been hearing so much about Jen Turano's new novel lately, and I really can't wait to read it.

      That is an amazing first line!

      Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  5. I'm a little nervous to be out and about, too. We're still under stay at home orders, but I'm not really looking forward to that being lifted.

    I’m sharing the first line from Sandpiper Cove by Irene Hannon on my blog today and I’m currently on chapter 19 so I’ll share that first line here: “She might have dragged her feet about coming.” I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday!

      I totally understand feeling apprehensive about the stay at home orders being lifted. I'm really praying that people in our area are going to be responsible now that restrictions have been lessened in our area.

      Sandpiper Cove sounds like a really great read, especially for this time of year. I hope you end up enjoying it.

      Have a great rest of your weekend :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a