Skip to main content

First Line Friday: What If I Loved You

Happy Friday Everyone :)

I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're looking forward to the weekend.

I'm looking forward to getting a few things done around the house, and curling up with a great book and a cup of tea.

Today I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books for First Line Friday.

First Line Friday consists of sharing the first line from the book you're currently reading, and for today's edition I'm looking forward to sharing the first line from one of my favorite author's upcoming releases.

What If I Loved You by Mandi Blake:





About The Book:

Sara Williams wasn’t always Sara Williams. Twelve years ago, she was Liz Jennings—small-town nobody and best friend of Ian Hart. The only future she could imagine included him, but after one tragic night, she’s forced to flee her home and leave behind the best friend she secretly loves.

Ian Hart was sure of two things. He was in love with his best friend, and he’d do anything to protect her. As teenagers, they made a pact to run away together, but when she left town without him, Ian spiraled into a storm of anger.

Now she’s back with a new name and a dozen secrets. When they’re forced to work together, the things they don’t say threaten to shatter any hope that they could regain their lost trust. Meanwhile, a town of busybodies are stirring up trouble, and Sara is a sitting duck while her biggest threat is on the move. What if the monster she’s running from steals their happily ever after?

A homecoming story about forgiveness that's sure to touch your heart.

What if I Loved You is the sixth book in the Unfailing Love series, but the books can be read in any order.
 






My Thoughts:

This story was extremely bittersweet for me as while I completely loved it, I'm also sad that it's the last title in one of my favorite series. Ian and Sara's story was everything I was hoping for, and I loved how it truly pulled at the heartstrings. I also loved getting a last glimpse into each of the characters that were featured in the previous titles in the series. I highly recommend this one, and it releases on the 17th. You can check out my full review here. 




First Line (from the prologue):

"Liz stared at a loose thread on the arm of Mr. Garrison's couch as the tears dried on her face."


What book are you currently reading? Be sure and leave the first line in the comments, and then hop on over to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating this week.


I hope you all have a lovely weekend, and happy reading!





Comments

  1. My first lines are from The Lost Lieutenant by Erica Vetsch:

    Seaton Estate Berkshire, England January 4, 1813

    “You’ll do as you’re told if you know what’s good for you. I won’t be humiliated again.”

    Just finished this phenomenal book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday!

      That's a very intriguing first line, and definitely has me interested in finding out what's going to happen next.

      I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it!

      Thanks for sharing, and I hope you have a great rest of your weekend :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds so sweet!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday!

      It was a really sweet story, with just enough of a mystery element added to it to keep me glued to the pages!

      Thank you so much! I hope you have a great weekend as well :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday! 🙂
    On my blog I'm sharing from Until the Mountains Fall by Connilyn Cossette. I'm currently on chapter 20, so I'll share from there.
    "My family and Hakim's family, along with Baz and his wife and daughters, were gathered around the long table in the courtyard, oil lamps flickering joyfully along its length."
    Hope you have a great weekend filled with awesome reading time. 😀❤📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday!

      I loved the first line from this one that you shared on your blog, but I honestly think I like this line from chapter 20 even more. I definitely need to read this one.

      Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Friday! My first line is from "More Than Friends" by Autumn Macarthur:

    "Catriona Maclean returned the phone to its niche, slumped onto the worn oak bench in the entrance hall of the manse, and groaned out loud. She needed a man."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday!

      Haha I love this line! I've never heard of this one, but now I definitely need to check it out.

      Thanks so much for sharing, and I hope you have a great rest of your weekend :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Friday!!

    My first line is from Janalyn Voigt's DawnSinger- tales of Faeraven
    "A crosswind caught Kai's wingabeast as lightning flared too near."

    Have an awesome weekend!

    https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/2020/05/first-line-friday-dawnsinger-tales-of.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday!

      That's an amazing first line! I will definitely have to look this one up.

      Thanks so much! I hope you have an awesome weekend as well :)

      Delete
  6. Happy Saturday!

    I hadn't personally heard of this one before seeing it on your blog, but I truly love that opening line.

    I hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a