Skip to main content

First Line Friday: A Sweethaven Romance

 Happy Friday Friends :)

I hope you're all enjoying the last little bit of summer. Are you sad to see summer come to an end, or are you looking forward to fall?

I personally love fall and it's my all time favorite season. However, I always find the changing of the seasons a tad bittersweet, although I'm very much looking forward to all the wonderful things fall brings with it.

For today's post, I'm excited to be linking up again with Hoarding Books for another edition of First Line Friday.

First Line Friday is a fun, weekly blog meme that simply consists of sharing the first line from the book you're currently reading.

For the last little while, I've been trying to focus on reading the many books I've added to my kindle over the last couple of years that I'd never got around to reading, and I've discovered many amazing books in the process.

Today's first line comes from the book I most recently started reading on my kindle.

A Sweethaven Romance by Courtney Walsh:


About the Book:

Eleanor Waverly is practically Sweethaven royalty, but her comfortable, cushy world is turned upside-down when she discovers an old map hidden in the bottom of a 125-year-old time capsule. Her only hope of uncovering the truth lies with local firefighter (and long-time Waverly rival) Jason Holloway. With his piercing eyes and troubled past, it's clear from the start it's not only her way of life that's on the line, it's her heart.

This novella originally appeared in the novella collection "Right Where We Belong".
 


My Thoughts:

I'm not too far into this one yet, but I'm expecting that I'll end up loving it as I really enjoyed all of the other books in this series, plus the premise sounds really fun and interesting. Courtney Walsh is a fantastic storyteller, and I'm looking forward to seeing where she's going to take this interesting sounding premise in one of my all time favorite small town settings. I'm hoping to have the time this weekend to get around to finishing it. And can I just say how much I adore this cover? Whoever designed it did a truly fantastic job. 


First Line:

"Eleanor Waverly could hold her breath for one solid minute."


What book are you currently reading? Leave the first line in the comments below, and then hop on over to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating this week.

I hope you have all have a fantastic weekend! :)



Comments

  1. My first line is from a book just released by Izzy James. It’s a historical THE SHOPKEEPER’S WIDOW.
    30 September, 1775. Borough of Norfolk, Virginia
    With a startled swipe of her arm, Delany Fleet brushed Noah’s animal ps to the floor.
    My reviews are up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday!

      That's definitely an interesting first line.

      Thanks for sharing! I hope you have a great rest of your weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday! My first line is from “To Love a Prince” by Rachel Hauck:

    “It is said in the north country of Lauchtenland that the sea has a song and love blooms from the earth the same as flora and fauna.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday!

      Rachel Hauck is one of my favorites, and that's a beautiful first line.

      Thank for sharing, and I hope you have a great rest of your weekend :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday!!

    I am definitely looking forward to fall! I love everything about it and after having such an odd summer of not going anywhere we are looking forward to a new season.

    Today on my blog I'm sharing from The Christmas Visitor an Amish novella from Amy Grochowski! "After a long trek to the veterinarian's office, Mattie Beller was out of breath before she managed to push her scooter halfway up the steep hill to Annandale Farm."

    https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/2020/08/first-line-friday-christmas-visitor.html

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday!

      I feel exactly the same about fall coming, and am praying that it's going to be a bountiful and blessed season for everyone.

      I haven't heard of this one or the author, but I love Amish fiction so I'll definitely have to check it out.

      Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Friday! Today, I'm sharing the first lines from Blue Moon by Jenny Knipfer. "Come. We must be quiet.' I motion to the lad as I kneel next to his bed."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2020/08/first-line-fridays-blue-moon-by-jenny.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday!

      Blue Moon sounds like a beautiful story, and that's definitely an intriguing first line.

      Thank you for sharing, and I hope you have a great rest of your weekend :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Friday! 😀
    Today on my blog I’m sharing from As Easy as Cherry Pie by Bell Renshaw. I’m just getting to chapter 3, so I’ll share a line from there.
    “Maggie flipped on the fluorescent lights in the shop’s kitchen and stifled a yawn.”
    Have an excellent weekend! 🙂❤📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday!

      I've heard so much about Bell Renshaw's books, and I know I definitely need to read something by her soon.

      Thanks for sharing, and I hope you have a great rest of your weekend :)

      Delete
  6. I'm looking forward to fall as it is my favorite season, too! I’m sharing the first line from Finding Love for the Loner by Laurie Larsen on my blog which is “It was still dark out.” I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday!

      I hadn't heard of this series before visiting your blog, but it definitely has me interested in reading it.

      Thank you so much! I hope you have a great rest of your weekend as well :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a