Skip to main content

First Impressions: An Amish Tale of Pride and Prejudice by Sarah Price Review

 Hello Friends :)

How have you all been doing lately?

I feel in our area that we're getting a little sneak peak of Spring, which has been lovely, but it's also kind of a tease as they're currently predicting upcoming snow and colder temperatures again.

I think there's definitely beauty to appreciate in each and every season, and I'm so thankful that our Heavenly Father chose to bless us with four beautiful and unique seasons each year. However, with the Covid restrictions in our region, I definitely think the warmer weather will make things a little easier, as we'd actually be able to see family and friends outside and the like.

However, all this cold weather and isolation has definitely contributed to me discovering some many amazing reads, and I currently have a new to me author obsession.

If you've never read Sarah Price before and you're a fan of Amish fiction, then you need to rectify that immediately. I hadn't read her books before this year, and I honestly just finished my sixth book by her. I will definitely be purchasing more of her books in the near future, but today I'd like to share a review with you all for the book by her that I finished most recently.

First Impressions: An Amish Tale of Pride and Prejudice by Sarah Price:



Source: Libby App

Publisher: Realms

Publication Date: May 6th, 2014

Genre: Christian Fiction/Amish Fiction

Series: The Amish Classics


Synopsis:


Set in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, book one of The Amish Classics series is a retelling of Pride and Prejudice, covering the same issues of manners, upbringing, morality, education, and marriage within the Amish community.

SERIES DESCRIPTION: The Amish Classics Series is a retelling of novels by Jane Austen in a contemporary Amish setting. The main storylines are accurately followed but told within the Amish culture and religion.
 

(synopsis from goodreads)



My Review:

I basically knew two things about First Impressions when I chose to pick it up. First, it was written by Sarah Price, and second, that it was an Amish retelling of Pride and Prejudice. Those two facts had me convinced that I was going to love this one, and I was definitely not disappointed.

Over the years, I've read a lot of Pride and Prejudice retellings. I've read Christian ones, secular ones, young adult ones, etc, etc. However, I can now wholeheartedly say that this is by far my favorite. I love how Sarah Price is able to tackle retellings, while still staying true to the beloved Amish culture, and adding in her own unique spin to the story in the process.

I found myself completely immersed in Elizabeth and Frederick's tale, and could barely bring myself to put it down. Sarah Price is truly a gifted storyteller, and I'm not sure that anyone else could have pulled off this combination as successfully as she does so effortlessly.

If you love Amish fiction and Jane Austen, then you definitely need to go ahead and pick this one up.

I adored it from start to finish, and I can't wait to read the next books in the series.

Sarah Price has become a new favorite author for me, and I'm only sorry that it took me until this year to discover her beautiful, heartwarming stories. I can't possibly recommend this one enough. This is the sixth book that I've read by her, and I've honestly loved each and every one of them

I ended up borrowing this one from the Libby app, but I'm definitely going to have to purchase my own copy as I know I will be rereading this in the very near future.

Final Rating: 5/5.


Thanks so much for reading guys! Have a great rest of your day :)

Comments

  1. I've had a book by this author on my to be read list for quite a while. I need to move that close to the top and read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah's books are so good! I'd highly recommend any of the ones I've read, and definitely consider her a new favorite Amish fiction author.

      Thanks for stopping Ellie! I hope things are going good with you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: Courting Mr. Emerson

Happy Friday Everyone :) Since it is Friday, I'll once again be participating in First Line Friday which is hosted by Hoarding Books .  For this week, I'm going to be sharing the first line from Melody Carlson's newest book, Courting Mr. Emerson. About The Book: When the fun-loving and spontaneous artist Willow West meets buttoned-up, retired English teacher George Emerson, it's not exactly love at first sight. Though she does find the obsessive-compulsive man intriguing. Making it her mission to get him to loosen up and embrace life, she embarks on what seems like a lost cause--and finds herself falling for him in the process. A confirmed bachelor, George vacillates between irritation and attraction whenever Willow is around--which to him seems like all too often. He's not interested in expanding his horizons or making new friends; it just hurts too much when you lose them. But as the summer progresses, George feels his defenses crumbling. The quest