Skip to main content

The Christmas Angel by Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer Review

 Hello Bookish Friends :)

I pray today finds you all doing well, and I want to thank you all for joining me here on The Preppy Book Princess.

I'm always grateful for anyone taking the time to stop by my little corner of the internet, and I hope it in in someway blesses you today.

If you're new here then welcome! I'm Kirby, and I love talking books, especially Christian fiction books, with you all! If you're a longtime friend, then welcome back! I'm so glad you're here.

Ever since I read the first title in the Cape Light series back in 2008, it's been one of my all time favorites.

These books actually hold a lot of memories for me, as yeah that first time I read them back in 2008? Well it happened to be while I was lying in a hospital bed for the first of many visits to try and figure out what was wrong with me.

In such a scary, uncertain time, I loved getting to read about a small town where faith, family and friendships have stood the test of time, and I'm happy to say that I have read every single title in this series, and it's spin off.

About two years ago, I decided to embark on a reread of the entire series, and while it's been kind of slow going, it's been wonderful to revisit these favorite stories, and also, I've been enjoying getting to actually review them on my blog. The majority of them were read way before I started my book blog, so it's been an added bit of fun to get to review them after rereading them.

If you'd like to check out my reviews of the other books in the series, you can do so using the links below:

Home Song

A Gathering Place

A New Leaf

A Christmas Promise

Christmas Blessings


Now I hope you'll keep on reading down below for today's full review.


The Christmas Angel by Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer:



Source: Bought for Myself

Publisher: Berkley

Publication Date: October 3rd, 2006

Genre: Christian Fiction/Small Town Romance

Series: Cape Light


Synopsis:

As the spirit of the season is spreading through the rustic seaside hamlet of Cape Light, town mayor Emily recieves an unexpected and precious Christmas gift: a baby girl tucked away in a decorative cradle set up outside the church, with a note begging whoever discovers the child to take care of her. Emily is granted temporary custody - and realizes that if the mother is not found, she desperately wants to keep baby Jane as her own. Now, in the midst of the year's most joyous season, Emily must come to terms with her duty to her own family, her own feelings of regret and loss - and what her heart truly desires.

(synopsis from goodreads)

My Review:

Welcome back to the idyllic town of Cape Light, where its residents are currently preparing for another Christmas season. Reverend Ben is trying to get his congregation to take an interest in helping a poorer community in their town, and feeling burned out and frustrated with his lack of results so far. Sara Franklin is feeling unsettled with her life, and not sure she's on the same page with where her boyfriend Luke is expecting their relationship to progress to this holiday season. Lastly, the town's beloved mayor, Emily Warwick, should be preparing to spend her first Christmas season with her new husband. However, an unexpected twist has been thrown her way when she stumbles across an abandoned baby left on the steps of the town's church. Emily's not prepared for the bond she feels for the baby, but she's not sure how to get her husband Dan on the same page.

I've been wholeheartedly enjoying my reread of one of my all time favorite series, and just as with the first time around, The Christmas Angel has definitely stuck out as one of the best of the stories. I love the emphasis on faith, family and friendship, and also the perfect illustration that all of us can be prone to doubt, no matter how strong our faith may be. 

As the Christmas season moves into Cape Light, Reverend Ben, Emily and Sara will learn that sometimes miracles occur in even the most unlikely of places, and this story will definitely give everyone who picks it up a case of the warm fuzzies. While I've read these titles at all times of the year, there's just something extra special about getting to curl up with them during the holiday season.

Final Rating: 5/5.

I can't recommend this one enough, and I look forward to getting to reread the next installment in the very near future.

Thanks so much for reading guys! Have a great rest of your day :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a