Skip to main content

I'm going to a book convention!!!!!!!

Hey everybody! I hope you're all having a fabulous week. I'm here today to share some very exciting news with everyone. I've been hinting for awhile that my hubby and I are going away in the spring, and that I've been on a self imposed book buying ban because of something coming up that I'm going to be buying lots of books at, and now it is finally time for me to reveal on my blog what I've been hinting at. I AM GOING TO A BOOK CONVENTION!!!!




I have never been to a book convention before. never. ever. ever. I've always enjoyed watching others Booktube vlogs about going to them, and reading blog posts about them, and I've even gone so far as to price out going to them before, but something always came up (usually my hubby's work schedule), that just made it impossible for us to be able to attend one. We don't live anywhere near where any of these conventions are usually held, especially since we live nowhere near Chicago or New York, but I've always wanted to be able to go. I've never even been to a book signing before as there just not a common thing where I'm from. Unfortunately books are not too too popular in my community, but that is another story. There's so many amazing sounding book conventions out there, and I've always been especially interested in the ones that have a large YA following at them like BEA and BookCon, and YALLFEST. But the one that I've been dying to attend since 2014 is the RT Booklovers convention. It's six days of panels, parties and workshops, including a giant bookfair with six hundred authors signing in one room, and they have a dedicated YA program through a lot of it. I had talked about this convention since 2014, but alas it was just never meant to be for us to be able to attend.




Then fast forward to September 2015. I happened to be browsing the RT website, where I happened to see that 2016's convention was being held in Las Vegas! Which is actually not too too long of a plane ride away from us. I mentioned it to my hubby, but since at this point we had just bought our house, he told me that we'd have to think about it and decide in a couple of months. Well fast forward to our anniversary on September 21st. He told me he had an amazing surprise for me, but I never could have possibly imagined what he'd gone ahead and done. Registration had opened that morning for RT Booklovers, and he went ahead and registered us both to attend!! I honestly am so excited I can't even contain it, and since the convention is now less than two months away, I thought it was finally time to share my amazing news on my blog.




RT this year is going to be in Las Vegas from April 12th through April 17th, and we will both be there for the whole six days!




If anyone is interested in hearing more about this convention, here's the link to the website:
https://www.rtconvention.com/




There's a ton of different registration options, including just attending Saturday which is when a lot of the YA stuff is going to be going on.




You'll be hearing lots and lots about this convention from me in the coming weeks, and my hubby and I are both planning on blogging and maybe even vlogging about it while we're there. My hubby is also a book blogger, his blog is www.forthebookshelf.com and he's really excited for all the YA stuff as well.




Are any of you guys going to RT this year? Or have you been to it or any other conventions in the past? I'd love to hear your experiences! I literally can't wait until April :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a