Skip to main content

First Line Friday: Smitten

Happy Friday Everyone :)

I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're all looking forward to the weekend.

My husband and I are planning to continue working on the remodel of our home library, and I'm very excited to get it closer to being done.

For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with Hoarding Books for another edition of First Line Friday.

For anyone unfamiliar, First Line Friday is a fun, weekly meme that simply consists of sharing the first line from the book you're currently reading.

During all these days of self isolation, I've been trying to read some of the books I've had on my TBR for quite sometime, and it's one of those titles I'm going to be sharing today.

Smitten by Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Denise Hunter and Diann Hunt:




About the Book:

Welcome to Smitten, Vermont.

With the help of four friends, it's about to become the most romantic town in America.

The proposed closing of the lumber mill comes as unwelcome news for the citizens of Smitten. How will the town survive without its main employer? A close-knit group of women think they've got just the plan to save Smitten. They'll capitalize on its name and turn it into a tourist destination for lovers complete with sweet shops, a high-end spa, romantic music on the square, and cabins outfitted with fireplaces and hot tubs.

But is this manly town ready for an influx of romantically-minded guests?

Country music sensation Sawyer Smitten, the town's hometown hero, wants to help by holding his own wedding there on Valentine's Day. And little Mia's lavender wreaths hang all over town as a reminder that faith can work miracles. Along the way, four women spearheading the town's transformation energetic Natalie, sophisticated Julia, graceful Shelby, and athletic Reese get in the spirit by reviving their own love lives.

Join best-selling inspirational romance authors (and real-life BFFs) Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Diann Hunt, and Denise Hunter for an inspiring stay at the (soon-to-be) most romantic town on the eastern seaboard.

One visit . . . and you ll be smitten too.


My Thoughts:

I've been looking forward to reading this one for quite sometime, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm not always the biggest fan of novella collections, but this one so far is proving to be a really great choice. It's an interesting idea for a series being that it's about four women who are trying to turn their hometown, Smitten, into a destination for honeymooners to keep it from failing after the town mill is forced to close. I'm so far really enjoying all four characters, and I'm hoping to get a chance to finish it soon.


First Line:

"Natalie Mansfield's heart swelled as she stood on the perimeter of the town square and watched her niece and the other children decorate the town for Easter."


What book are you currently reading? Be sure and leave the first line in the comments, and then hop on over to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating this week.


I hope you all have a great weekend, and that you have lots of quality time to curl up with a great book.

Have a great rest of your day :)

Comments

  1. That was a great series of books Smitten!

    My first line is from A RECKLESS LOVE by Beth White
    Prologue: April 22, 1865 North of Memphis, Tennessee

    Zane’s first thought when he came to was that the world was coming to an end.

    Great ending to the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday!

      I'm glad to hear you also enjoyed Smitten. I'm hoping I'll continue to love the entire series.

      Wow what a great first line! I'll definitely have to check this one out.

      Thanks so much for sharing, and I hope you have a lovely weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday! 🙂
    Today, I'm sharing the first line from Line by Line by Jennifer Delamere. I'm currently reading The Woman in the Green Dress by Tea Cooper, so I'll share a line from there:
    "Stefan pushed open the doors to the Berkeley deep in thought."
    Hope you have an excellent weekend! 🙂❤đź“š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday!

      These both sounds like lovely reads and I hope you end up enjoying both.

      Thanks for sharing, and I hope you have a great weekend as well :)

      Delete
  3. I’m sharing the first line from Meet the Moms by Laurie Larsen on my blog today: “The alarm shrieked in the darkness and Lily Adams jolted awake, gasping. ” I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday!

      I haven't personally heard of this one, but I'll definitely have to check it out.

      Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a lovely weekend :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Friday!
    Over on my blog I shared the first line from The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden
    "The stately houses of Winslow Street looked utterly safe and respectable in the hot summer evening. Mikhail knew all that was about to change."
    https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/2020/06/first-line-friday-rose-of-winslow-street.html

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday!

      I've heard amazing things about The Rose of Winslow Street, and I hope you end up enjoying it!

      Thanks so much for sharing, and I hope you have a lovely weekend as well :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a