Skip to main content

Worthy of Legend by Roseanna M. White Review

 Happy Wednesday Friends :)

I pray today finds you all doing well, and I want to thank you all for joining me for another book review here on The Preppy Book Princess.

It's officially August 15th, and I'm so hopeful that fall is finally just around the corner. Unfortunately, we're in the middle of an awful heat wave that's not supposed to go anywhere anytime soon, and I'm beyond ready for summer to finally go away, and my favorite season to be ushered in.

I've been spending a lot of time inside reading great books amidst this heat wave, and I'm especially excited to to get to share today's review with you all.

I've already read and reviewed the first two titles in Roseanna M. White's Secrets of the Isles trilogy, and you can check out those using the links below:

The Nature of a Lady

To Treasure an Heiress


Due to Bethany House recently changing their qualifications for being approved to read their arc titles, I wasn't expecting to get to read this one since my small time blog no longer meets their standards.

However, for some reason this title was initially labeled as Read Now on NetGalley, and because of that I got the opportunity to read it, and I was most grateful to have gotten to do so.

Today I'm excited to share with you all what I ended up thinking about it, and I hope you'll keep on reading below for my full review.


Worthy of Legend by Roseanna M. White:


Source: Publisher via NetGalley

Publisher: Bethany House

Publication Date: September 1st, 2022

Genre: Christian Fiction/Historical Fiction

Series: The Secrets of the Isles


Synopsis:


After a summer of successful pirate-treasure hunting, Lady Emily Scofield and her friends must hide the unprecedented discoveries they've made, thanks to the betrayal of her own family. Horrified by her brother, who stops at nothing to prove himself to their greedy father, Emily is forced to take a stand against her family--even when it means being cut off entirely.

Bram Sinclair, Earl of Telford, is fascinated with tales of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table--an interest he's kept mostly hidden for the last decade. But when a diary is unearthed on the islands that could lead to a secret artifact, Bram is the only one able to piece the legends together.

As Bram and Emily seek out the whereabouts of the hidden artifact, they must dodge her family and a team of archeologists. In a race against time, it is up to them to decide what makes a hero worthy of legend. Is it fighting valiantly to claim the treasure . . . or sacrificing everything in the name of selfless love?

(synopsis from goodreads)


My Review:

Worthy of Legend is the final installment in Roseanna M. White's The Secret of the Isles trilogy, and it ended up being my favorite of the three. While I had thoroughly enjoyed the first two books, a few weird inclusions that seemed out of place in Christian fiction titles hindered my enjoyment a bit. However, I was happy to see that this was much less the case in this one, and I thought that the author did a fantastic job of concluding the series in such a way that tied up loose ends, and gave satisfactory explanations for all the questions raised throughout. I don't personally recommend reading this one without having read the first two, as I think it would be hard to follow along since the character arc is quite large, and a lot of the backstory is not truly explained outside of those two books.


Of the entire series, I can wholeheartedly proclaim that Bram and Emily were my definite favorite couple. I loved seeing Oliver and Libby have to struggle to win Bram's favor in the previous books, and I was looking forward to him getting his own story. In this one, when it's revealed that's he's long harbored a secret obsession with the legend of King Arthur, I loved how much more authentic and realistic that made him come across to the reader. He definitely meets his match in Lady Emily, and I loved how their romance starts out as a mutual friendship that grows into more when Emily's father and brother up their antics that continue to put her into harm's way. We were able to see a protective streak in Bram, and how that grew into general affection for this wonderful gal that caught his eye, and I loved how their romance blossomed slowly and naturally, and how well they complimented one another.

One of my all time favorite book tropes is when the main characters stumble upon something from history that helps them to solve a mystery in the present, so the mystery angle in this one was definitely up my alley. Pirates, King Arthur, local island lore, and long shared familial stories make up the bulk of the developing mystery, and it ended up going in a direction I wasn't expecting which was a definite plus.

While I loved the characters, the setting, the romance, and the mystery, my most favorite part of all was the faith element, and the way the story shone a light on the notion that God's way is always the best way, no matter how we may feel about it in the moment.

All in all, this was a wonderful wrap up to the trilogy, and was definitely my favorite of the three. 

I definitely recommend this one, and I'd love to see a spin off series in the future to get another glimpse of these characters and where they'll be in their lives a few years later.

Final Rating: 5/5.

Thanks so much to Bethany House for allowing me to advance read and review this one!

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complimentary advance reader copy of this novel from the publisher (Bethany House) via NetGalley. I was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own, and this is my honest review. 

Thanks so much for reading guys! I hope you all have a great rest of your day, and I hope to share another fun review with you all on Friday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a