Skip to main content

Wildflower Falls by Denise Hunter Review

 Happy Friday Friends :)

I pray today finds you all doing well, and I'm so thankful you decided to drop on by my little corner of the internet.

I'm Kirby, and I'm excited to welcome you to (or welcome you back) to The Preppy Book Princess for another book review.

Today's review is going to be for another one of the titles from my 2023 Most Anticipated Releases Post.

It's for a fourth and final title in a series, and if you'd like to check out my reviews of the first three books in the series, you can do so using the links below:

Riverbend Gap

Mulberry Hollow

Harvest Moon


I had a random night a few nights ago that I absolutely could not sleep. So I ended up getting up and finishing reading this book at about 3 am. At least if I couldn't sleep I had a great book to keep me company. I can't wait to tell you guys all about it, so I hope you'll all keep on reading down below for my full review.


Wildflower Falls by Denise Hunter:



Source: Publisher via NetGalley

Publisher: Thomas Nelson

Publication Date: September 12th, 2023

Genre: Christian Fiction/Contemporary

Series: Riverbend Romance


Synopsis:


He’s here to train her horses and then skip town. She’s keeping her true identity a secret. But their spark complicates both of their plans.

When Charlotte Honeycutt, owner of Stillwater Ranch, discovered her deceased mother’s safety deposit box, she was not expecting life-changing news inside—the long-hidden identity of her biological father and the location of her two half brothers, Gavin and Cooper Robinson. While her father’s location is unknown, her brothers have grown up in Riverbend Gap, just as she did. Charlotte is determined to know them, but she is unsure how the revelation of a new sister might be received. Fortunately, her plans to build a new stable on her horse farm coincide with this dilemma since Robinson Construction is the only game in town, and she jumps at the chance.

Horse trainer Gunner Dawson is averse to the idea of settling down—or having lasting connections of any kind. His time at Stillwater Ranch is only meant to be temporary, but the young woman he finds there isn’t at all who he expected. Despite an inner warning that she might threaten his peace of mind, he accepts the task of getting her training program off the ground. Before long, he’s not only working at the stables—Charlotte has somehow dragged him into a search for her biological father. And Gunner soon discovers he was right about his peace of mind. Meanwhile, an abused horse tugs at his heart, Charlotte’s brother becomes a loyal friend, and the town of Riverbend Gap is getting some kind of strange hold over him. He’s always run from connections before, but this time leaving seems harder than ever before.

Both Charlotte and Gunner will have to be honest with others and themselves if they have any hope of the future they’re both starting to long for.

(synopsis from goodreads)



My Review:

Denise Hunter is one of my favorite authors, and I was thrilled when I heard she was giving readers one last visit to Riverbend Gap. She finishes off this series with a fantastic send off, and I appreciated the fact that while these stories definitely compliment each other nicely, you could still read each as a stand alone without feeling like you had missed out on much.

Wildflower Falls ended up being my favorite of this series. The plot was everything I could have hoped for, and as someone who loves stories that revolve around secrets and family history being revealed, this heartwarming romance was definitely what I was looking for.

Charlotte and Gunner are both likeable protagonists, and it was heartwarming to watch their relationship grow from friendship into something much more. Both have secrets they are trying to deal with in their own way, but quickly discover that together they're capable of much more than they ever could have imagined. As well, the horse ranch setting fit this story perfectly, and I loved how the horses and the ranch itself played such a big part in Charlotte and Gunner's developing relationship.

Overall, this is another winner from Denise Hunter in my eyes. She delivers a wonderful, swoon worthy romance that's completely clean with plenty of additional storylines happening within the plot to keep the reader completely engaged right throughout. I do wish the faith element had been a bit more predominant throughout the story, but I did enjoy the tidbits that are included. 

Final Rating: 4/5.

I'd definitely recommend this one to anyone who is a fan of clean contemporary romances, and/or to anyone who has enjoyed this author's books in the past.

Thanks so much to Thomas Nelson for allowing me to advance read and review this one! 

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complimentary advance reader copy of this novel from the publisher (Thomas Nelson) via NetGalley. I was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own, and this is my honest review.

Thanks so much for reading guys! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a