Skip to main content

Rocky Road by Becky Wade Review

 Happy Monday Bookish Lovelies :)

I pray today finds you all doing well, and I'm so thankful you've chosen to take the time today to stop on by The Preppy Book Princess for another book review.

I recently had the chance to finish one of the titles on my 2024 most anticipated releases post, and I can't wait to tell you guys all about it in today's post.

If you'd like to check out my review of the first title in the series, you can do so using the link below:

Memory Lane


Otherwise, I hope you'll keep reading down below for today's full review.


Rocky Road by Becky Wade:



Source: Author via NetGalley

Publication Date: February 14th, 2024

Genre: Christian Fiction/Contemporary

Series: Sons of Scandal


Synopsis:


Christy Award Hall of Fame Author

FBI Agent Jude Camden handles every aspect of his job with by-the-book professionalism. There's no reason why his latest assignment—which calls for him to pose as the boyfriend of perfumer Gemma Clare—should be any different.

Except Gemma is different. She's creative, bold, and feisty. And as soon as she meets Jude, she wants to loosen him up, wrinkle his perfect shirts, and test every ounce of his towering self-control.

The FBI has an iron-clad rule against romances between those working together on operations. Jude's never met a rule he didn't respect. But adhering to this one is going to be tough because, as time goes by, he finds Gemma more and more irresistible.

Buckle up! It's going to be a rocky road.

Escape to Maine for this swoon-worthy "fake romance"! Banter, humor, perfume, and a mystery from the past intertwine in this sweet Sons of Scandal love story.

(synopsis from goodreads)


My Review:

One of my most anticipated reads of the year, Rocky Road was everything I could was hoping for and more, and is definitely the absolute perfect romance to pick up this Valentine's Day.

Readers first met Jude Camden in book one of the Sons of Scandal, and I've been waiting for him to get his own happily ever after ever since. A story of fake dating, FBI investigations, family secrets, and rom com type romance galore, Rocky Road is a story I never wanted to have to put down.

I knew it was going to take a special gal to steal agent Camden's heart, and Gemma Clare is definitely the one for the job. While her part in the investigation involving her criminal cousin doesn't require actually dating Jude, soon the lines seem to blur between what's fake and not. Jude and Gemma were an adorable couple that was easy to root for, and I loved how they both had such big hearts for the world around them. While both have had to overcome traumatic events in their past, it was beautiful how the author used these situations to showcase God's presence, and the importance of faith no matter what we're going through.

Becky Wade has delivered another wonderful contemporary romance that will keep every reader reading way past their bedtime. Definitely another of my favorite fictional couples of all time, Gemma and Jude's story was pretty much perfection, and I can't possibly recommend it enough.

I also have to add that I enjoyed the few chapters that were from different POV's, as it not only added something extra to the story, but also gave readers some insight into the third and final book coming in the trilogy.

I can't possibly recommend this hilarious, swoon worthy romance enough, and I'll be over here anxiously awaiting the release of book three.

Final Rating: 5/5.

Before I conclude, I do want to quickly mention that there was one slight issue I had with this book overall. Gemma shares a wonderful relationship with her mom, grandmother and great grandmother, and they quite often get together for meals out. They go out for brunch to a restaurant in one of the earlier chapters that's housed in an old church. Certain parts of this scene rubbed me the wrong way, as jokes are made about "the man upstairs" when referring to the head chef and whatnot, and it almost came across as blasphemous to me personally. This was an amazing book overall, but I do wish that scene hadn't been included, and just wanted to put it out there that it may bother other readers like myself.

Thanks so much to Becky Wade for allowing me to read and review this title!

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complimentary advance reader copy of this novel from the author via NetGalley. I was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own, and this is my honest review. 



Thanks so much for reading guys! I hope you all have a great rest of your day :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a