Skip to main content

First Line Friday: Christmas at the Red Door Inn

Happy Friday Everyone :)


Since it's Friday, it's time for First Line Friday which is hosted by Hoarding Books. 


As weird as it sounds, I'm actually going to be sharing the first line from a Christmas book for this week's first line.


I've loved the first three books in Liz Johnson's Prince Edward Island Dreams series so much, and I knew I couldn't wait until December to finish off the series.






Synopsis:

One blizzard. Two friends. Three days to fall in love. 

Lifelong islander Brooke Kane doesn’t know what to do with her college degree, her dreams, or her future, but she knows better than to venture far from home when there’s a storm brewing. But a promise to check on Rose’s Red Door Inn prompts Brooke to venture out. By the time she arrives at the inn, the snow is knee-deep and visibility almost non-existent. She settles in to spend a few days alone at the inn until a familiar figure appears at the door. 

Father Chuck O’Flannigan has never felt like a bigger fool. So focused on his recent decision to leave Prince Edward Island, he’s caught unaware by the blizzard while on a walk. He can only see the inn’s red door, a promise of safety. But when he discovers that Brooke—the only woman who could tempt him to stay on the island—is also taking refuge there, he knows he’s in trouble. 

With Christmas only three days away, Brooke is determined that they’ll celebrate—even if it’s just the two of them. Happy to play Scrooge to her Tiny Tim, Chuck wiles away his hours dreaming of a return to Ireland—praying that God may have plans for him there. After all, God seems to have forgotten him in North Rustico. But as Brooke brings Christmas to life, her joy makes him wonder if God may not have forgotten him. In fact, God may have big plans for both of them—if they can only survive Christmas at the Red Door Inn.



My Thoughts:

While it's a novella and not a full length novel like all the other books in the series, it's just as good, and I loved getting one final visit to the beloved Red Door Inn. I can't recommend this series enough, and it makes me want to see PEI even more than I already did.

And it'll hook you in right from it's amazing first line.........................

"Brooke Kane knew better than to venture far from home when there was threat of a blizzard."


Happy Friday and Happy Reading!


Which book are you currently enjoying? Leave the first line in the comments, and then hop on over to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating this week. 



Comments

  1. Happy Friday!

    Today on my blog I am sharing the first line from A Hero for Miss Hatherleigh by Carolyn Miller: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2019/03/14/first-line-friday-79/. I am really enjoying the story! I am currently in the middle of chapter 19, so I will leave a line from that chapter.

    "Gideon waited in the drawing room, not daring to sit down, not daring to pace as he'd like to, in case the stoic footman at the door see him and make a fuss. What was taking her so long?"

    Hope you have a great weekend. Happy reading! 🙂💜📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of this one, but the line you shared definitely has me intrigued. I'll have to check it out on goodreads. Thanks so much for sharing :)

      Delete
  2. Today on my blog I shared the first line from Fated by Teri Terry but I'm currently reading Dead Letter by Chautona Havig. I just started so I'll share the first line from chapter 2 where I currently am: "Hard benches, spartan furnishings, packed conditions---though she'd purchased a second-class ticket as instructed, Madeline couldn't help but feel like she'd gotten little better than emigrant car accommodations." Hope you have a great weekend! Spring is in the air! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Fated on my tbr list as well! How did you like it? I've never heard of Dead Letter before, but I'll definitely have to check it out! Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday and weekend! My first line is from “KNOX: The Montana Marshalls” by Susan May Warren

    “Oh goody, now Knox go to watch his trouble-making little brother break his ornery neck.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Susan May Warren, and can't wait to read this one! That's such an awesome first line. Thanks so much for sharing :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Friday! Over on my blog I’m sharing from the first book in Robin Patchen’s Beauty in Flight trilogy. This is the first line from the second book, Beauty in Hiding:

    “Of course it was raining.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hearing a lot about this trilogy in the last few days! It sounds really good, and I love when authors use the weather in their first sentences. Thanks so much for sharing :)

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed this one too!

    I've shared the first line from Crystal Walton's "Romancing the Conflicted Cowboy" on my blog, but since I'm reading Carolyn Miller's "A Hero for Miss Hatherleigh" right now, I'll share the first line of the scene I'm up to (in chapter 5):

    Gideon looked up from the specimen and almost dropped it.

    Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of either of the titles you mentioned, but I definitely will be checking them out. That's a great start to a scene, and has me really intrigued by what's happening now! Thanks so much for sharing :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a