Skip to main content

Like the Wind by Robin Lee Hatcher Review

 Happy Friday Friends :)

I pray today finds you all doing well, and I want to thank you all for joining me here on The Preppy Book Princess.

I'm Kirby, and I love getting to share my love of the written word with you all.

If you're a fellow Canadian, then happy start to the Thanksgiving weekend. I pray you all have a wonderful holiday with your families, and also, that you're able to find time to curl up with some great reads.

If you're not reading from Canada, then I hope you have a fantastic weekend, and still manage to find time to spend with loved ones, and curl up with great reads.

Over the last few years, Robin Lee Hatcher has become one of my personal faves.

She always writes her stories (and characters) with such heart, and I always look forward to reading her new releases.

Today I can't wait to share with you all my review of her upcoming release, and I hope you'll all keep reading down below to see if this one lived up to the hype I had for it.


Like the Wind by Robin Lee Hatcher:







Source: Publisher via NetGalley

Publisher: Thomas Nelson

Publication Date: November 29th, 2022

Genre: Christian Fiction/Contemporary/Romance/Dual Timeline



Synopsis:

A life in pieces. A hundred-year-old journal. And a chance for love to be reborn.

Olivia Ward arrived in Bethlehem Springs alone—with no job, no home, and no money—after her manipulative ex-husband used his power and wealth to destroy everything. Six years later, the peaceful life she rebuilt is once again turned upside down when she learns that her fifteen-year-old daughter, Emma, will be coming to live with her. The reunion should be a dream come true, but years of deception have driven a wedge between them. And Emma seems more interested in an old diary she discovered than reconciliation with her mother.

Tyler Murphy knows what it’s like to lose everything. Propelled by his history in the foster-care system, he’s determined to root out dishonesty and protect the most vulnerable through his work as an investigator. When he’s hired to investigate Olivia Ward, though, he finds himself longing to believe she’s exactly who she appears to be, and he soon realizes that his desire to learn more about her has nothing to do with his job. But how can he pursue a relationship that began with a lie?

In this latest novel from award-winning author Robin Lee Hatcher, an antique diary, a family-fueled investigation, and unexpected feelings collide to create a promise that’s worth fighting for.

(synopsis from Goodreads)



My Review:

Dual timelines have become some of my all time favorite stories over the last few years, and I personally think that Robin Lee Hatcher writes some of the very best ones out there. She's a wonderful storyteller, who always writes her stories from the heart, and keeps the faith message at the front and center. Whenever I have the opportunity to pick up one of her titles, I expect great things, and Like the Wind did not disappoint.

Both heartwarming and poignant, Like the Wind tells the story of Olivia Ward who lost custody of her daughter six years ago, and has been struggling with her faith ever since. When she's suddenly thrust into being her daughter's custodial parent again, she's struggling to figure out how their relationship could possibly have turned out the way it has. When Tyler Murphy comes into Oliva and her daughter Emma's life, she's hesitant to trust him, especially taking her disastrous failed marriage into consideration. However, he's persistent and Olivia finds herself falling for the man that she never could have expected. However, Tyler's hiding things from her, and neither of them could possibly be prepared for the future their relationship is calling into question every day. Can they learn to let go and let God, and discover His true calling in the process?

This was a wonderful story that I never wanted to see come to an end. Right from the opening pages I was drawn right into the story, and I struggled with ever wanting to put it down. Every single time I finish a story by Robin Lee Hatcher I'm convinced that I'll never love another of her stories as much as I do this one, and yet every single time she manages to prove me wrong, and at this point, I honestly can't pick a favorite from her books as she's written so many amazing ones over the years.

Like the Wind is a breathtakingly beautiful Christian fiction masterpiece that reminds us all of just how much God loves His children, and that He never gives up on us, even when we're tempted to give up on ourselves. The dual timeline is incorporated effortlessly, and it was honestly one of my favorite parts of the story. The protagonist in the past (through diary entries) shows such faith, and asks the hard questions that so many of us find ourselves asking when we're going through tough times.

This ended up being another of my favorite reads of the year, and I can't possibly recommend it enough.

Final Rating: 5/5.

Thanks so much to Thomas Nelson for allowing me to advance read and review this one!

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complimentary advance reader copy of this novel from the publisher (Thomas Nelson) via NetGalley. I was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own, and this is my honest review.

Thanks so much for reading guys! Have a great rest of your day :)

Comments

  1. Your review really touched my heart, Kirby. I'm going to be doing some indie books, so they won't be available through NetGalley. If you're interested in reading ARCs of my indie books, would you let me know through my website Contact form. https://robinleehatcher.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Robin! I'm grateful you give your readers such wonderful stories, and I always look forward to your new book releases. I would love to review your indie titles. I'll definitely do that! Thank you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a