Skip to main content

All She Ever Dreamed by Robin Lee Hatcher Review

 Happy Friday Everyone :)

I pray today finds you all doing well, and I want to thank you all for joining me for another book review here on The Preppy Book Princess.

To all my lovely American readers, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day yesterday!

In Canada, we enjoyed our Thanksgiving back in October, but yesterday was actually my hubby's birthday, and we had a wonderful day celebrating him.

Today I'm excited to share with you all a wonderful upcoming release from one of my all time favorite authors, and I can't wait to tell you all about it.

I hope you'll all keep reading down below for my full review.


All She Ever Dreamed by Robin Lee Hatcher:


Source: Complimentary Copy Provided by the Author as Part of her Street Team

Publisher: RobinSong, Inc.

Publication Date: December 5th, 2022

Genre: Christian Fiction/Historical Fiction

Series: Boulder Creek Romance



Synopsis:


A dream sometimes comes at great cost.

Betrothed in a sensible match, even if the man isn’t the love she’s always imagined, Sarah McNeal relies on the advice her late grandmother gave as well as her own common sense. Dreams of a mysterious European count who rides in and sweeps her off her feet are the stuff of girlhood. And she’s a woman now. But when her fiancĂ©’s older brother, Jeremiah, returns to Boulder Creek, he unknowingly awakens that discarded dream.

Nine years ago, Jeremiah West lost his wife and newborn son in an epidemic, and he’s been wandering ever since. A survivor of the Spanish-American War, he finally returns to Boulder Creek to settle on the farm he inherited from his father, an inheritance his younger brother still begrudges.

When a blizzard threatens Sarah’s life—and her reputation—Jeremiah is there to rescue her. But the pain of his past remains a stumbling block. Then fate brings Jeremiah and Sarah to a crossroads, and love demands a decision that will change the course of their lives.

(synopsis from goodreads)



My Review:

Robin Lee Hatcher has become one of my all time favorites, and I always look forward to reading her new book releases. She's definitely a master at the dual timeline stories that I love so much, but I was looking forward to reading something a bit different from her. All She Ever Dreamed is the second title in the Boulder Creek Romance series, and it's a wonderful historical fiction story that speaks of trusting God through all the circumstances we face, and knowing that He has a plan in place for each and every one of us.

As readers travel back to Boulder Creek, we're introduced to a young twenty one year old woman named Sarah. She's long had the dream of being swept off of her feet by a handsome gentlemen who will love her the same way her grandpa so faithfully loved her grandmother. However, she's engaged to be married to a man who doesn't seem like anything she's been dreaming of, but everyone encourages her that love can grow. When her fiancĂ©'s older brother (Jeremiah) returns to his  hometown, he feels an instant connection with the lovely granddaughter of the local sheriff. However, with bad blood already coming between him and his younger brother, he knows that forming a friendship with his fiancĂ© will only cause additional problems with the relationship he longs to mend. However, God often has plans bigger than our own, and if Jeremiah and Sarah can learn to lean on Him and trust Him through anything, they might just find a way to move past their difficult pasts, and into their own happily ever after.

Robin Lee Hatcher is truly a masterful storyteller, and I love how she is able to fully immerse her reader's in each and every story she writes. Boulder Creek was a lovely small town setting, and showcased both the good and the bad that comes with making a small town your home. 

One of my favorite things about picking up a book by this author is knowing that the faith element will always play an integral part of the story. While the romance was heartwarming, clean and swoon worthy, it was the faith element that truly made Sarah and Jeremiah's story stand out in my mind, and I loved how it came across as both authentic and realistic.

If you love Christian historical fiction that tugs at the heartstrings and is filled with characters that love the Lord and acknowledge they are all works in progress, then definitely pick up All She Ever Dreamed. It's another wonderful story from one of the genres best, and I can guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Final Rating: 5/5.

Thanks so much to Robin Lee Hatcher for allowing me to advance read and review this!

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complimentary advance reader copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own, and this is my honest review.


Thanks so much for reading guys! I hope you all have a great rest of your weekend :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a