Skip to main content

He Should Have Told The Bees by Amanda Cox Review

 Happy Friday Friends :)

I pray today finds you all doing well, and I'm so thankful you decided to drop on by The Preppy Book Princess for another book review.

I'm Kirby, and I'm excited to welcome you to my little bookish corner of the internet.

What are your plans for the weekend? It's been a bit of a rough week around here, and I'm struggling a bit if I'm being honest. I'm basically looking forward to getting through work today and tomorrow, and then spending some quality time with Jesus, my hubby, my family, and my current TBR pile.

Lol if you know me however, you would know that this isn't too different from my plans most weekends though.

Before I head out the door to work though, I'd like to share my review of this beautiful Christian fiction title that I recently finished.

I hope you'll all keep reading down below for today's full review.


He Should Have Told the Bees by Amanda Cox:



Source: Publisher as Part of the Revell Reads Blogger Program

Publisher: Revell

Publication Date: August 1st, 2023

Genre: Christian Fiction/Contemporary


Synopsis:


Beekeeper Beckett Walsh is living her dream, working alongside her father in their apiary, until his untimely death sends her world into a tailspin. She suddenly finds she must deal with a new part owner of the family business--one who is looking to sell the property. Beck cannot fathom why her father would put her into the position to lose everything they built together.

When Callie Peterson is named in the trust of a man she's never heard of, she's not sure what to do. Her fledgling business has just taken wing and her mother has reentered her life asking for help getting into rehab for her lifelong substance abuse issues, making Callie's financial situation rather . . . precarious. She's sure she has no right to someone else's farm, but the money from the sale could solve her problems and give her the stability she's always craved.

As these two women navigate their present conundrum, they will discover a complex and entangled past full of secrets--and the potential for a brighter future for both of them.

(synopsis from goodreads)


My Review:

A beautiful story about brokenness, redemption and how healing is only truly possible through the grace of our Heavenly Father, He Should Have Told the Bees is a complex and intricate masterpiece that had me not wanting to put it down.

I've been impressed with Amanda Cox's beautiful writing style in her previous novels, but it's especially evident within this one as to just how talented of an author she truly is. As the reader follows our two main protagonists, Beck and Callie who have been through unimaginable horrors in their childhood, a story emerges about the beauty in the brokenness, and the devastating effects that loss, addiction, and abandonment can have on those who come into contact with it.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this title, but I ended up loving it, and never wanted to see it come to an end. I felt for Beck and Callie, and the way that unexpected news rocks both of their worlds in way they never could have seen coming. The bravery they both show in navigating their new circumstances was admirable, and I was impressed with how much growth and maturity is shown by both as the story moves forward.

This one could have gone in several directions, but I personally appreciated the fact that this one is much less focused on romance, and instead on the healing and trauma experienced by both Callie and Beck. It's a different type of story than I'm generally used to reading, and I appreciated that fact.

I can't conclude my review without stating how interesting I found all the information on bee keeping. It's not something I typically see as a subplot within Christian fiction, and that made this one stand out a little bit more in my eyes.

Overall, if you're a fan of clean, hard hitting Christian fiction, then this title might just be the one you've been waiting for, and I'd definitely recommend giving it a try.

Final Rating:4/5.

Thanks so much to Revell for providing me with a complimentary copy to read and review!

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complimentary copy of this novel from the publisher (Revell) as part of the Revell Reads Blogger Program. I was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own, and this is my honest review.


Thanks so much for reading guys! Have a great rest of your weekend, and I pray that the Lord works in magnificent ways in your life in the weeks to come.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a