Skip to main content

Lost and Found by Suzanne Woods Fisher Review

 Happy Monday Friends :)

I pray today finds you all doing well, and that you all had a wonderful weekend.

It was pretty snowy around here where I'm from, and I loved getting to enjoy a cozy day at home cleaning, cooking, reading and blogging.

I'm especially excited to share today's review with you all today, as I completely adored this particular title, and I can't wait to share all about it with you.

I adore Amish fiction, and I always enjoy Suzanne Woods Fisher's books, and it was an extra special treat to get another unexpected visit to Stoney Ridge.


I can't wait to jump right into today's review, so I hope you'll all keep reading down below for today's full review.


Lost and Found by Suzanne Woods Fisher:


Source: Complimentary Copy Provided by the Publisher as Part of the Revell Reads Blogger Program

Publisher: Revell 

Publication Date: September 26th, 2023

Genre: Amish Fiction/Christian Fiction


Synopsis:

Trudy Yoder shares a passion for birding with Micah Weaver--and she has an even greater passion for Micah. Their friendship is finally turning romantic when Micah abruptly grows cold. Worse still, he wants to leave Stoney Ridge.

Micah Weaver thought he was over Trudy's older sister. A year and a half ago, Shelley had broken his heart when she ran away from Stoney Ridge to pursue a singing career in Nashville. Then, out of the blue, she's started to leave distressing phone messages for him.

When the bishop asks for volunteers to scout out a possible church relocation in Tennessee, Micah is the first to raise his hand. Despite scant details, he's confident he can find Shelley. After all, his reputation as a field guide is based on finding birds that don't want to be found.

What Micah doesn't know is that what you're looking for isn't always what you find.

(synopsis from goodreads)



My Review:

Lost and Found is another wonderful Amish fiction story by Suzanne Woods Fisher, set in her fictional town of Stoney Ridge. I always expect great things when I pick up a title by this author, but this one ended up being even more than I expected and is truly one of the best books I've read the entire year.

As someone who has been reading Amish fiction for a lot of years, I'm always impressed when a title within this genre can stand out as truly original, and that is the case here. Lost and Found is so many things all at once; a wonderful faith based read, an ode to birds and the beauty they bring to God's kingdom, a reminder that we're all God's children, even if we bring something different to the table, and a heart wrenching look at mental illness and the many different faces its struggles can bring to those who suffer from it.

I adored Micah and Trudy in A Season on the Wind, and I've been anxiously awaiting ever since for them to get their own story. It was everything I could have wanted and more. This story will truly pull at every reader's heartstrings and remind us all that our Heavenly Father is always waiting with open arms no matter where we might find ourselves. While I adored Micah and Trudy's story, and I loved the bits about birding, I can't conclude my review without taking the time to mention how much I enjoyed catching back up with David's character. He has such a heart for God and his community, and it was sobering to see what happens when he starts to feel like he's losing his passion for the job he's always felt he was lead to do.

If you're looking for a wonderful Amish fiction title that just mind end up being one of the best books you'll read this year, then I can't recommend enough going ahead and picking up Lost and Found.

Final Rating: 5/5.

I expected to enjoy this one, I didn't expect to find a new favorite story, and I hope it will be the same experience for everyone who chooses to pick it up.

Thanks so much to Revell for allowing me to read and review this title!

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complimentary copy of this novel from the publisher (Revell) as part of the Revell Reads Blogger Program. I was not required to give a positive review, and all thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thanks so much for reading guys! I hope your week is off to a great start, and I pray that the Lord will work in all your lives in amazing ways this week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a