Skip to main content

Keeping the Cowboy by Mandi Blake Review

 Guys, it's Monday, and it's an extra special Monday cause I get to share my review for an upcoming title by one of my all time favorite authors!

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, then you'd probably already know how much I adore Mandi Blake's books, and how blessed I consider myself to be able to call her a friend.

I always look forward to her new book releases, and this particular release was especially exciting.

If you'd like to read my reviews of the previous books in Mandi's Blackwater Ranch series before diving into this one, go ahead and check out the links below:

Remembering the Cowboy

Charmed by the Cowboy

Mistaking the Cowboy

Protecting the Cowboy


Keeping the Cowboy by Mandi Blake:



Source: Complimentary Copy Provided by the Author

Publication Date: April 17th, 2021

Genre: Christian Fiction/Sweet Romance

Series: Blackwater Ranch


Synopsis:

When her dreams become a reality, will she be able to leave the family she’s come to love?

Jade Smith has always dreamed of teaching abroad. While she waits for her chance, she takes a nannying position at Blackwater Ranch. It’s supposed to be temporary, but she soon learns that this devoted single dad and his boisterous five-year-old won’t be easy to leave when the time comes.

Aaron Harding was wrecked when his ex bailed on him and their son, leaving him to raise Levi alone. He’s in no hurry for either of them to fall in love again. It just isn’t worth the risk. But as he watches the way Jade cares for his son, he starts to wonder if a happy, two-parent family is finally within their reach.

When the opportunity of a lifetime leaves Jade with an impossible decision to make, will she choose to follow the dreams of her past or to make this man and his son her future?

(synopsis from goodreads)


My Review:

Over the last few months, the Hardings have become one of my all time favorite fictional families. I adore how close knit they all are, and how they always make newcomers feel right at home. While I get excited about each new story in the Blackwater Ranch series, I was was especially looking forward to Keeping the Cowboy. While I was definitely looking forward to getting to read each of the Harding brother's stories, I was especially exited for Aaron's because of the presence of Levi. I've always been a fan of sweet romance books that have kids as a main part of the plot, and I knew that Mandi Blake would do a fantastic job with this particular trope.

This story was everything I could have hoped for, and was exactly the break I needed from some stressful situations going on in my life at the time. While I don't think that Mandi could truly write a bad book if she tried, I love how each and every one of her new releases showcases to the reader how much more fine tuning she has done to her craft. Aaron and Jade's story is truly beautiful and unique, and I could barely bring myself to put it down once I started. I loved how this one dives into the deeper issues of needing to let go of the past, and needing to truly be open to finding the place we belong. I also loved that, as always with Mandi's books, the faith content is at the front and center, and is never just conveniently tucked into the background without playing an integral role in the story.

While I enjoyed this story in its entirety, I especially loved the fact that Jade has dual citizenship which I thought was a neat element that added more originality to the story, and also that a lot of focus is given to homeschooling which isn't something I see included in novels all that often. 

Overall, this one made me both tear up and laugh out loud, and I think it's one of Mandi's best to date. If you haven't yet picked up a book by Mandi Blake, then I highly suggest you do so as I can guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Final Rating: 5/5.

I will anxiously be awaiting book six in the Blackwater Ranch series, and also every other book that Mandi choses to write in the coming years.

Thanks so much to Mandi Blake for allowing me to advance read and review this!

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complimentary advance reader copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

Have a great Monday guys! I hope your week is off to a great start :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin

First Line Friday: All The Stars

Hello Everyone :) I hope you've all had a great week, and that you're currently enjoying a wonderful book for this weekend. For today's edition of First Line Friday, which is hosted by the lovely ladies over at Hoarding Books , I'm excited to share the first line from an upcoming release by one of my favorite authors. All The Stars by Mandi Blake: About The Book: Gaining her trust won’t be easy. Earning her love will be nearly impossible. Leah Manning is working to get back on her feet after her ex-husband disappeared one night, leaving her to raise their infant daughter alone. When a trip to a hardware store has her literally falling into the arms of its handsome owner, his charms are hard to resist. But he’s a stranger, and, to her, that means he can’t be trusted. Can she learn to let her faith be stronger than her fear? Brian Matthews has never met a stranger. A friend to everyone he meets, he can’t understand why Leah is determined to keep him at a